GLP Capital Partners achieves best performance to-date in 2023 GRESB Real Estate Assessment
19 real estate funds participated in the global ESG benchmark; collectively increasing scores YoY
Singapore, 10 October 2023 – GLP Capital Partners (“GCP”), a leading global alternative asset manager that focuses on thematic investing across real assets and private equity, has achieved outstanding results in the 2023 GRESB Real Estate Assessment recognizing its ESG performance. Nineteen GCP funds across Asia, Europe and the Americas were submitted for assessment with aggregate scores increasing YoY. The achievement recognizes the team’s efforts to expand energy, water, and GHG data coverage and the implementation of ESG best practices including green leasing, customer satisfaction surveys, green building and energy certifications, integrating climate risk assessment into decision-making processes and more.
GRESB highlights include:
- GCP IV improved its score by 29% YOY, received Green Star designation, and ranked 2nd amongst Industrial – Non-Refrigerated warehouse, value-add portfolios in the US.
- All Japan funds received GRESB 5 Stars. GLP J-REIT, Japan Income Partners I and Japan Development Ventures II ranked first in their respective categories globally. GLP J-REIT continued to rank top within the Industrial listed category globally for the third consecutive year.
- All China funds received GRESB 4 Stars and Green Star designation including China Value-Add Partners which participated for the first time. China Logistics Fund II improved its score by 14% YoY for the Standing Investment benchmark and ranked 3rd in the Distribution Warehouse category.
- Vietnam Development Partners I participated in the Standing Investment benchmark for the first time. Its score improved by 59% and the fund received a Green Star for the Development benchmark.
- All of GCP’s European funds participated in GRESB for the first time, receiving Green Stars with improved scores YoY across all funds. European Income funds aggregate scores improved by 14% for the Standing Investment benchmark. European Development funds aggregate scores improved by 10% for the Standing Investment benchmark and 6% for the Development benchmark.
- All Brazil funds achieved a Green Star with overall scores improving from the last cycle. Brazilian Income funds aggregate scores improved by 33% in the Standing Investment benchmark, while the Brazilian Development funds aggregate scores improved by 36% in the Standing Investment benchmark, and 5% in the Development benchmark.
“Our annual submissions to GRESB enhances our transparency and accountability and is a means to communicate our progress, performance and commitment to the environment, social responsibility and strong corporate governance. ESG continues to be at the top of our priorities and a key component in our ability to deliver long-term value for our stakeholders,” Ming Z. Mei, Founder and Executive Chairman of GCP.
“Our performance in this year’s assessment is a testament to a number of efforts across our business to further embed sustainability into GCP’s business, culture and investment practices and enhance our ESG policies and programs,” said Meredith Balenske, Head of Global Sustainability and ESG of GCP. “We are committed to deepening our ESG transparency and reporting through participation in benchmarking frameworks such as GRESB.”
“As a global ESG benchmark for financial markets, GRESB is highly regarded amongst our partners as a measure of ESG performance and risk in real estate and over 90% of investors incorporate ESG data in their investment process. In line with this we have increased the number of funds submitted for assessment each year and have dedicated ESG teams which actively explore strategies to improve the sustainability performance of our real assets,” said Alan Yang, Chief Executive Officer of GCP.
GCP has actively participated in the annual GRESB Real Estate Assessment since 2013 and targets continual improvement in overall portfolio performance and is committed to achieving Green Star designation.
The GRESB Real Estate Assessment is the investor-driven global ESG benchmark and reporting framework for listed property companies, private property funds, developers and investors that invest directly in real estate.
 Excluding EIP III which participated for the first time in GRESB